“If you can't taste it, what's the point in eating it?”
In my post 5 Tips To Help You Quit Sugar I mentioned throwing together a tasty meal using quinoa, curry paste and dried fruit.
I wasn't very detailed so I've provided the details here.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 2 cups of quinoa - I like to mix the unhulled three-colour with a cup of the 'normal'
- 2 tablespoons of mild curry paste (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 8 dried apricots, chopped into small pieces (mine are unsulphured which is why they're so dark)
- 1 handful mixed raisins and sultanas
- Salt, pepper and anything else that floats your boat
- Throw all the ingredients in a pan
- Cover with water (about 3 cups) and stir well
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to simmer
- Leave to simmer until the water has been absorbed. Stir occasionally to stop it burning.
Experiment to suit
I threw this together from ingredients I found in my stock cupboard so don't be afraid to experiment to make it suit your own tastes. I'm not saying nobody somewhere has ever created this, just that I discovered it by accident - so try adding different things to suit your own tastes.
I'd imagine it would taste great with some plain chocolate stirred in at the end, after the water had been absorbed. As I created this to help me quit sugar, that's an experimental tweak that I'll just have to imagine. :)
If you've got any thoughts about this recipe or suggestions to make it better (that don't involve sugar) then please leave a comment below!